Friday, January 14, 2011

Ufomammut - Snailking (2004)


Genre: Stoner Doom
320

I remember being first exposed to a band named Neurosis, I was never so blown away by the intensity and atmosphere ever in my musical life, especially the album Enemy of the Sun. Since then, I've been searching for bands that offer the same feelings I got from Neurosis but I had no avail. I hate it when that happens because I am disappointed with everything and music became less enjoyable. Neurosis wasn't the only the band that did this to me but that's another story.

Ufomammut may not be similar to Neurosis but this album brought back the intensity I've been looking for. However it brings it in a different way, obviously. Ufomammut are doomy, psychedelic and heavy. They're like getting sucked into the Dreamlands, and being dragged off by Nightgaunts and you have no idea where you're going.

No comments:

Post a Comment