Monday, January 31, 2011

Braveyoung - We Are Lonely Animals (2011)

Full Length, The End Records
March 29, 2011



Genre: Post-Rock/Post-Metal
Region: USA

Well I've been waiting for something from these guys since their Bloom EP and here it is. I must say I'm really liking it. They were originally the Atmospheric Sludge/Post-Metal band Giant who had one full length and a split with Tides, then they changed their name. What we have here is something quite different from Giant and I would say different even from their EP.

Starting with a quiet piano intro, it is much more minimal with a depressive/calm tone throughout and some strong bass and violin/cello-esque elements that fit very well. There's one or two tracks with a sprinkling of low vocals but it is largely instrumental. I would compare We Are Lonely Animals to something like Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Mono and Tides.

In 320.

DOWNLOAD (Mediafire)
DOWNLOAD (zshare)

No comments:

Post a Comment